Sunday, December 9, 2007

Santa's Miracle Arrives 1 Yr Behind Schedule...

Last Christmas, I searched and searched, paid for friend finding sites, and pulled half my hair out, trying to find an old friend of mum's, to surprise her for Christmas. Mum's friend, Sharyn, moved to Canada 15 years ago, and although they stayed in contact for quite some time, with moving around and new phone numbers they unfortunately lost contact some years ago.

Anyway, this morning, I glanced at the flashing red light on the answering machine (which had been flashing for a few days), wishing it would go away, when I finally gave in and hit play. Who's Aussie/Canadian accent should ring out but Miss Sharyn herself! She's in Australia, visiting for a reunion in Newcastle, and was hoping to get in contact with my mother. Santa, you're the man!

I can't wait to surprise Mum, she's going to be over the moon!

Update: Called Sharyn, it's all organised! On Tuesday I will be driving Mum down there, and she has no idea what's going on. Won't tell her until we get there. How exciting!
Stay tuned, will let you all know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.