Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Perfume

Wow, feels like an eternity since I last posted. Haven't been particularly busy, just haven't had alot to write about. Okay, I lie; I've had plenty to write about, however I'm a lazy bastard and couldn't be bothered getting off my fat arse to write anything.

So here's the lowdown on what's been happening in my absence. Saturday night, I babysat for a new woman in town. Her two children (aged 18 months and 3 years) were absolutely adorable - then they woke up. Anyone noticed how even the most angelic-looking child loses his or her appeal when they wake at 1am screaming for their mother?

Sunday morning when I arrived home, I was handed a tube of personal lubricant by my dear old grandmother who seemed convinced it was ointment to relieve the joints - the picture of a moaning woman on the front of the tube wasn't a dead giveaway?

Monday, was drama day. It rained incessantly, thus causing every road in the area to flood and be closed off. This forced me to cancel my long-awaited rheumatologist appointment for today, to be postponed until the end of September; only to awake this morning to clear skies and dry roads. Ah, such is life.



I watched the film "Perfume" today, and as disturbing as it was, it had an element that made it stand out from all others. Perhaps it was the mass orgy it featured, perhaps it was the fact it ended with the main character being eaten alive by 18th century parisian peasants, I do not know. Either way, it was enjoyable, but I must say, rather disturbing. I recommend seeing it, if not for anything else then just to see Alan Rickman in that lovely prehistoric wig.

No comments: